WILLIAM C. VAN DERHOOFFOUNDER
William C. Van Derhoof Sr. started Van Derhoof Roofing with his brother, Fred, in 1939 at the age of 25. William served in the Army Air Force and was a veteran of World War ll. After he being honorably discharged, William came home to continue running the business. William focused on mainly commercial roofing, but also installed insulation and many store front windows. In 1962, Fred Van Derhoof, William’s brother and business partner, died and William ran the company alone until his son, Bill, took over. William was an accomplished violinist who enjoyed giving back to the community as a member of the Tigris Shrine, Royal Order of Jesters, Konosioni Lodge 950 F&AM, and a charter member of Valley American Legion Post 1468.